Oude Toren (Stiphout)

This church tower from around the year 1400 is all that remains of the medieval Saint Trudo Church.

This church tower from around the year 1400 is all that remains of the medieval Saint Trudo Church.
In 1587, the church was destroyed by an act of war. The remaining ruins were demolished in the nineteenth century.
In 1884, the tower was badly damaged by a lighting strike.
In 1975, the structure was restored.
The tower consists of four sections with niches.
The “Old Tower” is important for both its cultural-historical as well as its architectural-historical significance.